WHERE DO HOMEOWNERS STAND AFTER THE PANDEMIC?
There are an estimated 2.5 million homeowners currently in the middle of some form of home renovations. But what happens now that builders and tradesmen are required to stop work?
- What happens if your project has been left half-finished?
- Is it safe?
- Will the cost go up?
- When will it be completed?
- How can homeowners protect themselves?
Most homeowners and builders enter into a contract assuming that things will all go well. When something unexpected and out of their control happens, such as the pandemic, there’s no guidance on where that leaves them. Where do they go to for help?
I’ve put together the key points homeowners need to consider, including how to best protect themselves, in a short jargon-free guide. The guide sets out the things homeowners need to consider and tells them:
- How to start the conversation with your builder.
- The key things you need to ask.
- How to record your agreement.
- What to do if you can’t get hold of your builder.
Now is the time to get prepared for when building work restarts.